Friday, May 20, 2011

On My Table

I don't have any finished pieces to show you today, but I can give you a hint as to what I'm working on.  No, lol, I'm not working on all of this!  I'd lose my mind if I had that much on my table.  Would be fun to sit and go through to get some wheels spinning though.  I've definitely got some much simpler things going on.




First, I'm working on a necklace?  bracelet?  Oh, I don't know, in these colors...
They do look kind of boring sit side by each like this, but hopefully they will look pretty once they are all finished getting beaded up.

Then, I've also got something started (I also don't know what the finished piece will be for this one yet) in some colors I found in a bag I haven't used in a while.  They're not my typical colors, but I found them so I decided to see what I could do with them...
I hope it looks ok when I'm all done with it.  The first thing I tried with these colors was the horrible mess of ugliness I mentioned the other day that I ripped out.  The second project is going better.

Finally, I also found these tubes of beads that I haven't started working with yet, but I really like them and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.  I probably won't put all of these in one project...that may be too much.  But I'm really liking the colors.  Something different for me, but I'm really loving that blue and that green.

I have started to become very good friends with someone I inherited from my mil, Beth A.  She's very creative herself and does work with scrapbooking and card making.  I'm going to take some of her classes.  Next to my son Matthew, Beth says she's my biggest fan.  :)  She's been a great promoter for me, and I am really happy to have her as a friend.  I told her about my new bead classes here in Scottsdale / Phoenix that will be coming up, and she has been helping me spread the word.  Turns out that I may have 3 or 4 students already!  So my first class will be scheduled for June 11.  I'm really looking forward to it!  Thank you Beth!

And, what kind of mother would I be if I didn't show off my kids?  Here is a very short video (just over a minute) of highlights from the game on Monday.  Come on, you can spare a minute to watch some great kids play ball, can't you?
Hope your day is a happy one!

4 comments:

Abracadebra Designs said...

Hey Lisa, Looks like you are going to be a very busy beader. Can't wait to see what you make. PS, I am really enjoying getting to know your family.
-Debbie

Robbie said...

The video was great!! Isn't it nice to watch your kids!! And the video was so clear and sharp!!! nice going Sara and Matt! What memories to have!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome Lisa! Love those orange beads. I've been seeing a lot of orange and turquoise together lately. The Living magazine, on of he first Martha Stewart ads has a layout of orange and turquoise paper products. I never would have paired the, but the look really good!

Lynn said...

Good Luck with your class! I'll be thinking of you (especially since I'll be landing in Phoenix around 1 p.m. that same day-Whoop Whoop!)