Friday, April 23, 2010

"Proud Mommy Moment" of the Day

A little break from beads.  My 8 year old daughter, Sara, who I've posted a couple pictures of, plays baseball.  She refuses to play softball with the girls...she wants to play with the boys.  It's not just my opinion, as I overhear other parents talking about her in the stands behind me, she is probably the best athlete out there.  One grandfather I was told was even talking about what an outstanding player she is to other parents at his grandson's game in a town over from us.  So, I am not biased in this.  She is an outstanding athlete.  (Not just in baseball, either...you should see her play soccer.)  Anyways, my little 8 year old girl schooled the other kids out there tonight.  She not only hit two doubles and made two outs, but she hit her first HOME RUN!!!  It was the only home run I've seen at this level in 3 years of being a part of it. 
WAY TO GO SARA!!!!  WOOTWOOT!!!!

6 comments:

Bellesanbeaus said...

Oh that had to be one of those special mommy moments!!!! WAY TO GO SARA! How excited she must have been!!!! Good stuff Miss Lisa!!! big hugs beth

Crazy Mama said...

she was definitely excited. she came over to give me a high 5 and she was grinning from ear to ear. then she says quite excitedly, "we should celebrate! let's get cake!" lol. made everyone in the bleachers giggle.

Jan said...

YOU GO GIRL!! And have fun while you are at it as you obviously are.

Bobbi Ann said...

aww how great is that! Way to go Sara...Congrats to you!
Isn't it just wonderful when our children do something special and we feel so proud! So, did you's get cake? hmm I wonder what kind? Sara's my kind of girl, let's get cake and celebrate! That is so sweet! I hope that you have a wonderful day.
Giant hugs...
Bobbi

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Congratulations Sara!!

I love it when girls compete with boys in sports, EXCEPT wrestling. I have issues with that.

Lynn said...

Go Sara! Go Sara! Go Sara!

I'm cheering in my seat, in case you couldn't tell.

That is so awesome! I'm smiling from ear to ear-silly, huh? There's nothing better than seeing your child happy, so I am very happy for you!!!

Get that girl 10 cakes :)